Please see below for further information and if you have any queries please contact PHE Screening directly PHE.YPAScreening@nhs.net.
Printed versions of this guidance are not available.
Updated Cervical Screening Programme and Colposcopy Management Guidance, replacing the 2016 edition.
This a pivotal document that has been reviewed to ensure it reflects the colposcopy standards and the HPV primary screening programme pathway. It features a number of important changes that providers will need to be aware of.
It is published in accessible HTML web page format, so looks quite different from previous editions. It is broken down into 8 sections that detail:
• management and referral guidelines for colposcopy
• providing a quality colposcopy clinic (quality standards)
• colposcopic diagnosis, treatment and follow up
• management of cases relating to pregnancy, menopause, contraception and hysterectomy
• screening and management of immunosuppressed individuals
• job roles (lead clinician colposcopist and lead colposcopy nurse)
• screening and colposcopy pathways (flowcharts)
The Colposcopy Clinical Professional Group (CPG) has worked hard to produce the guidance and consulted with colleagues from the CPGs (Laboratories and Cervical Screening Education and Training group), and the British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP).
We would like to express our thanks to the colposcopy CPG colleagues and special thanks to Professor John Tidy, Chair of the CPG, who has been central to support the document production.