Common questions arising from the training registration and OSCE application process.
To register for the online electronic logbook please login to your BSCCP account. Go to 'My Account' and complete the details of your BSCCP certified trainer in the 'Become Accredited' section. When your trainer has confirmed they are happy to accept you as a trainee, visit www.bsccptraining.org and click on 'register as a new user'. Complete the online forms and save & close. Shortly afterwards you will receive an email from us to confirm your access.
Please click here to download the electronic logbook trainee User Guide
Please click here to view full comprehensive details regarding the Colposcopy Training Programme requirements.
Please click here to download the trainer-trainee guidelines
The below steps must be completed before an OSCE application form can be issued and your place on the OSCE can be confirmed.
- Log into www.bsccptraining.org and submit your electronic logbook .
- Log into your BSCCP account at www.bsccp.org.uk username is your email address and there is a forgotten password link should you need it
- Select “My Account” and “Become Accredited”
- Upload attendance at Basic course certificate
- Upload Laboratory attendance form
- Click the completion of training option which will automatically send the completion of training form (AC3) to your trainer for sign off.
- Your trainer will verify completion of your training by logging into their BSCCP account at www.bsccp.org.uk and clicking the confirm link. It is imperative they sign and post the original AC3 form to the BSCCP.
Return the completed application form to email@example.com. with confirmation of payment.
You have now completed all the necessary steps and we will be in touch soon to confirm your place on the next available OSCE Examination.
If the logbook is incomplete the logbook will not submit and the missing data will be highlighted. Input the missing data and resubmit.
Following submission of the logbook you will have no further access to the data.
Due to increasing problems with NHS Trust third party transactions the BSCCP is unable to raise invoices to facilitate payments from third party payment providers. The BSCCP requests that the payment process is completed by members directly and that they reclaim this back themselves from the third party supplier.